1. Christ-Centered. We are a people who love God with head, heart and hands. Through worship, prayer, and scripture reading, we seek to know and to do God’s will, which is most perfectly revealed to us in Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Church and our lives.
2. Loving. We are a people who love others—welcoming and respecting all persons as children of God. Reflecting Christ’s compassion, and seeking the unity of the Spirit, we embrace people of all ages, races, backgrounds and stations of life.
3. Outward-Focused. We are a people who are taken by Christ, blessed, broken and given for the salvation of the world. By seeking out the hurting, the lonely and the lost, we live day-by-day as disciples who make new disciples and reveal God’s kingdom in the world.
4. Committed Servanthood. We are a people who offer the best that we have and the best that we are to God’s service. By modeling servant leadership, we seek to raise up Christian leaders who are dedicated disciples—dependable, accountable and faith-filled.
5. Forward-Thinking. We are a people of faith who are willing to follow Christ to new, unfamiliar and uncomfortable places. Embracing change as a part of Christian discipleship, we are willing to take risks in our lives, church, community and world for the sake of the kingdom of God.
Please Note: We, like all people, are imperfect, and will sometimes fail to live up to all of our ideals. However, trusting in God’s grace, we strive to live into these core values, believing that they define God’s unique calling on us, as the people of Redwood United Methodist Church.